- Press START TEST. Read the text at your own pace.
- In the end press STOP TEST. Your reading speed is displyed on the screen.
- Press OK and complete immediately the questionnaire for conclusive results.
- Press SHOW MEMORY RESULT, check the correct answers and SEND QUESTIONNAIRE.
He was in a conference hall, at a presidium. In front of him there were the professors who he had to convince some time ago to get involved in the Speed Reading competition. He looked at each of them apart, trying to figure out from their facial expressions, the impression he made on them. But they were way too used to these kind of activities, situations in order to be impressed by something like this.
- In the name of my colleagues and I – started the oldest professor – I would like to congratulate you for what you achieved lately.
The psychologist held on tightly to the wooden borders of the presidium, before the old man started talking. But what he heard made him relax and smile.
- Yes, you proved that Speed Reading is a tool capable of developing the intellect, to train the eye muscles and to help people memorize things faster. You also proved that you deserve your place in the Doctorate, which we proudly offer to you, in case you wish to accept it.
- I am overwhelmed! I want to thank you…
- I am not done yet – the old professor interrupted him almost brutally, without being moved by the psychologist’s interaction. – Your work must continue and we must set a clear goal. Think about it, we wish that everybody benefits from the Speed Reading program. We want it to get to everyone’s table, in everyone’s mind.
- You can compare it to the biggest social network of our days, Facebook, for example – interrupted on of the professors, the most appreciated one from the University. – Your program must get to billions of people, in every corner of the world.
- But this need a whole team to work on it …
- We will provide the necessary funds! – the old professor continued. – I discussed at the Ministry of Education about the Speed Reading program and they were impressed. They want you to go there and prepare them all.
The psychologist raised his eyebrows. He could not believe that the tool he developed along the years will have such a big spread. He had the chance to observe and analyse the effects Speed Reading had on multiple people and most importantly, he won’t be doing this alone. He imagined that having behind him an entire team, he could do miracles. He could create the necessary texts, in every language, to adapt the texts to every category of industry, for university students, to school students, to children. He could finish the informatics program that he started, to improve his work and to make the trainings easier to follow for students. Once the software is finalized, the students could do the trainings even on their phones, while going or coming back to work. All they had to do was to access the website, to have an internet connection and to follow the cursor, as it goes through the word groups at increasing speeds. It wouldn’t take them more than half an hour.
- I am honoured by the trust you show to this project.
- I hope that you won’t let us down. – Said the third professor, this time a younger one.
- If you allow me – the psychologist interrupted – I would like to say a few words. As you may already know, the last group with whom I did the whole Speed Reading course, brought to light numerous zones in which Speed Reading could be improved. I am extremely happy that I can continue the detailed analysation of the Speed Reading tool, and moreover that we can extend to a wold wide level. Having access to such a client base, we will have to be very careful and prepared to analyse such an impressing amount of data. This could deviate me from the path that I got on in the past few months.
- What are you saying? You are not pleased with our offer?
- Contrary, mister professors, I am extremely delighted, as I said. But, I would like to ask you to allow the professor lady to be my mentor during this program. I don’t think I could manage without her support. I consider that without the discussion we had and her advice I wouldn’t be here.
- This is a reasonable request, a proposal that we would have also come up with – the professor replied, a bit condescendingly.
The psychologist allowed himself to take deep, relieved breath and to think for a few moments. He couldn’t imagine what was about to follow. A few months back he couldn’t even afford to think about the fact that this tool he created, Speed Reading will have such an impact. A worldwide impact. He was sure that he needed some time to realize that all that is happening is real and to set his mind to manage things at another level.
- We want you to build up a base team as soon as possible – the old professor woke him up from his daydreaming. – We will provide you an office space and a laboratory to work in. Being a doctorate, we will give you the chance to teach the subject you created. At the next Administration Council we will discuss the budget that we will offer you.
- But don’t forget, we need results! – the young professor added.
- We are glad that our University is taking part in such an important project and we want to wish you good luck for what is about to come! We’ll see you Monday, in the office. Take some days off, go and relax in the mountains, at the sea. From Monday your world will change!
The psychologist remained alone in the big conference hall, looking at the empty chairs where the professors sat earlier. He found it hard to digest everything that happened and what the professors told him. It was a huge chance and he had the chance to get known globally. He could see no limitations regarding his future. And everything started from the idea that a man can train itself to read a faster speeds than now!