- Press START TEST. Read the text at your own pace.
- In the end press STOP TEST. Your reading speed is displyed on the screen.
- Press OK and complete immediately the questionnaire for conclusive results.
- Press SHOW MEMORY RESULT, check the correct answers and SEND QUESTIONNAIRE.
They were in the psychologist’s office a simple, but welcoming place, from where there wasn’t missing the well-known couch of therapists. Andrew was curious if he could hypnotise him there, on the couch. The psychologist chose to smile, looking at the ground.
- It is an accepted practice and it works in most of the cases, however I don’t do it, only in extreme cases. And you are not an extreme case, Andrew! – the psychologist laughed.
- Yes, I am not yet, but you can never know, am I right?
The psychologist looked him in the eyes, trying to figure out the real reason of Andrew’s visit. He only called a half an hour before to ask him if he has time to discuss some things with him. He didn’t want to say about what, but the Speed Reading course was over for a while now and he was busy finding the necessary number of students for his new group.
- How can I help you, Andrew? Did something happen?
- Not necessarily- Andrew started, thoughtfully. – I have a feeling that my performance regarding Speed Reading has dropped. I think that I don’t read anymore with the speed that I finished the course.
- Would you like to do the test again? We can do it. I assure you that if you continued reading, even if you stopped the trainings, your reading speed is somewhere around the same zone. Obviously, there is an accepted interval in which you can drop or increase, but I repeat, this interval is accepted, it’s normal.
- So you are saying that it’s something normal not to read at the speed at which I finished the Speed Reading course?
- What do you think? You don’t do anymore trainings, you don’t make the perfect reading spot for yourself anymore, the necessary silence to follow the cursor. Moreover, you don’t have the cursor anymore to push you to go beyond your limits.
- I see…
- I feel like something is not pleasing you – the psychologist said, looking at Andrew. – Let’s do the test again.
He got up from the chair, thinking that this is a new situation, never encountered before, a situation which could reveal him a lot of important aspects about the long-term effects of Speed Reading. He got the laptop and put the test in front of Andrew. This started to read and the psychologist came next to him, seeing on his face that he was confused. Andrew looked at the test’s result and he couldn’t believe it.
- How is this possible?
- Andrew, you have even better results than at the last test we did together! This means evolution, it means that you continued developing.
- But then why do I have the sensation that I read slower?
The psychologist smiled and put his hand on Andrew’s shoulder.
- Think about how your brain got used to a speed that you set as a goal, reason why it’s giving you signs that maybe it’s time to set a new one.
- You’re saying that I can read even faster than this?
- Yes, and in this case, I would really recommend you do one more training session for 20 days. You may be surprised at the end. Your eye muscles are looking for ways how to develop. They got a taste of increasing speeds and now they wish to develop.
- Believe me, I am totally surprised. I had the impression for about a week now that I read slower and slower, when in fact, I was reading faster and faster! Incredible! – Andrew was thrilled, letting himself fall on the couch. – I think I will join your new course. When will it take place? – he asked after a few moments of thinking.
- I don’t know yet, but I will surely let you know! You also made me curious about the real possibility to evolve even after trainings. I am curious now and I think I will get in touch with one of my students who didn’t read anymore after the course. Maybe I will ask all of them to regularly come back to do a test. This would reveal a lot about the applicability of the Speed Reading tool ant the way it influences our life!
The psychologist became nervous and excited about the ideas he had. It was something new, an unexplored realm. He even thought he could be nominated for a Nobel prize. This would be a huge realization for anyone. If Speed Reading truly opened up a new drawer of the brain, releasing a superior potential, then it would definitely bring him some notoriety in the field.
- Andrew, you have no idea how happy I am that you came here today! But let me calm down a little and take my thoughts in order. Please tell me, what’s the situation in your family? Did you get the custody for your son?
- Yes, I did! – Andrew energetically got up from the couch with sparkling eyes. – I did it and I am very happy. I a decided to dedicate my life to raising this child. I want to be his father and mother as well!
- I am happy for you, Andrew. You deserve this! Maybe sometime you can bring him here, to introduce him to Speed Reading, it is very beneficial for children.
- Yes, I told you at some point that I was thinking about this! I’ll se if I can convince him. Luckily, all these new methods of distraction, such as computers, tablets, phones, internet, can all be used for young people’s education as well. You know how it is, I try to teach him with the utility of these tools as well.
- Yes, especially that entourage can sometimes help him as well- the psychologist completed him.
- Yes, yes, exactly! Entourage…, - said Andrew thoughtfully, laying back on the couch again. – You know, sometimes I feel so overwhelmed because of this responsibility – he continued as he was a patient.
An hour of discussions followed, time in which the psychologist’s mind was wandering towards the new discoveries and benefits that Speed Reading will have on the human brain. He was truly impatient to write down his ideas on paper and to start developing them. He was happy, delighted. He felt that he opened a way towards a new method of personal development, a real one and as useful as it can be.